We are looking for a responsive and motivated intern. Intern will be required to fulfill an array of tasks both creative and administrative in nature.
- Develop and curate media relationships
- Research publicity opportunities
- Work with the team to develop social media content
- Manage the social media content schedule
Criteria and Skills
- Recent graduate or current student
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Experience posting content using a Web content management system
- Ability to collaborate and work creatively with a small team
- Organized, analytical, assertive, and highly proactive
- A passion for current trends in politics, international relations and defence
- Passion for big data, social media research and new tools
What you will be doing:
- Create an active list of media and influencers in the defence space
- Use new tools to track impact of social media campaigns in order to iterate and improve
- A background in advertising, media, and communications - a plus
- Ability to manage multiple projects and communicate effectively
- Strong computer skills, with design experience in Adobe a plus
- Proficiency in English, preferebly also in Latvian
- Russian and other languages - a plus
How to apply:
To apply, send your CV and a motivational letter that briefly describes your interests and experience as well as gives at least 3 ideas on what we should be doing differently on social media. Deadline of applications: 19.09.2016. Email for applicants: linda [dot] curika [at] stratcomcoe [dot] org.
Internships are unpaid, but offer an ideal opportunity to acquire substantive professional experience for those interested in the work conducted by the NATO StratCom COE. All the expenses connected with internship or fellowship shall be borne by student/researcher or his/her sponsoring Government or institution.
Enrolment and duration:
Duration of the Internship will be from 1 month up to 12 months, preferably you will start in October or mid-November. If necessary, you will be able to do some tasks from home.