Data Analyst of the Technical and Scientific Development Branch
The major function of the Technical and Scientific Development Branch is to Develop Audience characterization tools, Conduct Social-Media Analysis, Process data flow, Develop external communication tools helping to establish and maintain nets and links amongst of subject matter experts. He/she will perform his/her duties in order to ensure the implementation of the established annual Programme of Work.
The incumbent reports to the Chief of Technical and Scientific Development Branch.
- Developing and maintaining the appropriate local automated data inputting, storage, processing and dissemination capabilities to meet staff requirements.
- Turning data into information and information into insight.
- Developing and implementing data collection systems that optimize efficiency and quality of data.
- Identifying, analysing and interpreting trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Locating and defining new process improvement opportunities.
- Developing big data analyses, projects within STRATCOM context.
- It may be required to conduct temporary Travel Duty as part of the accomplishment of his/her duties.
- Civilian-Staff Officer with extensive knowledge and experience in data analyses with knowledge of mathematics and statistics.
- PC operating skills, including the competent use of Microsoft Office. Knowledge of other software products, especially for data aggregation is required. Working experience as a data analyst.
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining segmentation techniques.
- Language (Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing) English: SLP 3333 in accordance with STANAG 6001.
- Security Clearance: already holding NATO SECRET clearance/or being able to qualify for it.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- B.Sc. in Mathematic, Economics, Information Management or Statistic. Experience with Social Media would be an advantage.
How to apply:
The applications (CV and a motivation letter) are to be sent to: evita [dot] luste [at] stratcomcoe [dot] org by close of business of 11 March 2016.