The Technical and Scientific Development Branch develops audience and network characterization tools, conducts social media and network analysis, processes data flow and develops external communication tools to establish and maintain collaboration amongst subject matter experts.
Professional skills and experience required:
- Experience of anthropologic research concepts, methodology, theories, analytical methods and tools related to communication, including using information from internet and databases.
- Research and use anthropological data to explore social interaction, in particular to understand and explain communication issues of intercultural nature.
- Assessment and identification of the causes and dynamics of conflicts emerging from global, transnational and local processes and evaluation of different groups both in their online and off-line environments.
- Ability to generate proposals for measures of social and cultural tensions and develop guidance and tools to effectively evaluate crisis and fragility.
- Possess the tact and diplomacy skills, initiative and team working capabilities necessary to work in a multinational environment.
- Has professional experience in international affairs including conflict analysis and prevention.
- MA in Social Anthropology, social science or related field.
- Knowledge and experience in humanitarian/social sciences.
- Experience with large-scale research projects.
- Upon request and under supervision of the Centre’s Authorities conduct and contribute to research and manage assigned research projects.
- Prepare research products for publication and dissemination.
- Contribute to improved information sharing, coordination and collaboration with public and academic groups.
- Identify possible projects and prepare financing proposals.
Please send your CV and covering letter in English to info [at] stratcomcoe [dot] org
Languages required: English (fluent), other languages, especially Russian will be an advantage
Successful applicant will have to complete security vetting procedure.
This is a full time position based in Riga, Latvia.
Deadline of application: 11.08.2016