We need a creative team player in our multi-functional Branch. You will be responsible for harnessing computer and networking power as we continue to understand communication and international crises. If you think you have the capabilities, come and join us in Riga.
The Technical and Scientific Development Branch develops audience and network characterization tools, conducts social media and network analysis, processes data flow and develops external communication tools to establish and maintain collaboration between subject matter experts.
Professional skills and qualification:
- Proficient in programming, software design, debugging, testing. Proficient in programming languages like Python and R-Language. Knowledge of other programming languages and environments for statistical computing and graphics is a plus.
- Database (PostgreSQL, MySQL) & search engine (elastic search) operating & development skills.
- Solid understanding on computer architecture, different databases, database technologies and data structuring.
- Knowledge of software development process and software lifecycle management (devops) fundamentals as well as information security and best practices of secure coding.
- Experience with social network APIs & RESTful systems development.
- Experience with data visualizations.
- Minimum BA in Computer science or related field.
- Creativity, initiative and experience in teamwork.
- Interest in international affairs, communication and security issues.
- To develop information systems by designing, developing, and installing software solutions.
- To program with computer/database languages.
- To prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards and programming.
- To develop software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users and partners, studying system flow, by analysing data usage, and work processes, investigating problem areas, following the software development lifecycle.
- To organize and maintain software, enabling sharing of information between strategic communications practitioners, policy developers and researchers.
- Advantage of working in an international organization.
- Experience in international projects.
- Attractive salary and compensation package.
- Health insurance and other benefits.
Please send your CV and covering letter in English to info [at] stratcomcoe [dot] org
Languages required: English (fluent), other languages an advantage
Successful applicant will have to complete security vetting procedure.
This is a full time position based in Riga, Latvia.
Deadline of application: 11.08.2016