This year, our studies extended beyond the borders of the Alliance, with an emphasis on the Far East, to compare how malicious actors influence societies across the world. Join us on December 6 for report presentations.
This event is FREE
More info here: https://cvent.me/kMkn7K
We will present studies addressing influence operations in the Far East, geo-targeting in elections, deep fake technology, and the results from our experiment evaluating the efforts of social media platforms to tackle online disinformation. This event will conclude with an outlook on which regulations are needed in the digital space.
08:30-09:00 Registration and Morning Coffee
09:00-09:10 Welcoming Remarks
09:10-10:30 FIRST SESSION
- Geo-targeting and Elections
- Hostile information activities in the Far East
- Political Trolling in the Philippines
10:30-11:00 Coffee Break
11:00-12:20 SECOND SESSION
- The Role of Deepfakes in Malign Influence Campaigns
- Experiment: How social media companies are failing to tackle online disinformation
- Towards Rule of Law in the Digital Environment
12:20-12:30 Closing Remarks