Essential Professional Qualifications:
- Excellent presentation skills, education and training experience in national and multinational environments.
- Project management skills.
- Experience in working in multinational environment.
- In-depth knowledge of NATO.
- Senior Expert has to be a qualified and experienced programme manager, including administrative, financial, and human resource management aspects.
- Senior Expert has to possess experience working in and/or leading teams in a multinational environment.
- A post-graduate Degree in Social Sciences (International Affairs, Politics, Security Studies or related).
- PC operating skills, including the competent use of Microsoft Office. Knowledge of other operating systems and software products is an advantage.
- Competent use of software for presentations, spreadsheets and databases.
- English: C1 or C2 (NOTE: The work both oral and written in this post and in the organization as a whole is conducted mainly in English).
- Requirement to work outside normal office hours while preparing and conducting major events
- Requirement to travel as part of the appointment
- High Ethical Standards
- Leading and Supervising
- Persuading and Influencing
- Presenting and Communicating Information
- Critical Thinking
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts
Appointment will be subject to receipt of a security clearance provided by the national Authorities of the selected candidate.
Job description of the Senior expert:
- Plans and conducts training and education assignments and projects.
- Manages and plans project timelines and budgets.
- Provides expertise on government-wide Strategic Communications capability building and implementation of StratCom approach in resilience building.
- Provides expertise on Strategic Communications policy development at NATO.
- Provides expertise on StratCom related academic research and policy developments in other International Organizations (e.g. EU, UN).
- Supports the delivery of Centre’s courses and seminars.
The heart of the NATO StratCom COE is a diverse group of international experts with military, government and academic backgrounds - trainers, educators, analysts and researchers.
NATO StratCom COE as an employer values diverse backgrounds and perspectives and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and talented workforce. NATO StratCom COE welcomes applications of nationals from all Member States and strongly encourages women to apply.
As an employer, we value commitment to the principles of integrity, transparency and accountability in accordance with international norms and practices established for the defence and related security sector. Selected candidates are expected to be role models of integrity, and to promote good governance through ongoing efforts in their work.