We are looking for a well-organized specialist who is ready to help us in everything from scheduling a meeting to producing a high-level international conference.
ASSISTANT EVENT MANAGER
What you'll be working on:
- assisting in organisation and management of international seminars, workshops, conferences and other events that are carried out by the NATO StratCom COE;
- liaising with invited speakers and event participants on their travel arrangement, hotel booking and other administrative matters;
- maintaining records of all bookings e.g. venue and catering and completed payments where necessary;
- preparing information for all kinds of reports on seminars, workshops, conferences organized by the NATO StratCom COE;
- providing administrative support to NATO StratCom COE personnel for organising and locating events;
- setting and controlling individual event budgets, negotiate the best price for NATO StratCom COE with the suppliers;
What you need to succeed in this role:
- you know that details matter and your attention to details is exceptional;
- you are self-motivated and you certainly don’t lack enthusiasm;
- you stay level headed under pressure and you love a good challenge;
- you’re a problem solver with the ability to think on your feet, react rapidly to situations, prioritise your workload, and implement measures to improve procedures and workflows;
- you appreciate the importance of quality administrative support to the team before and after the event.
Skills and abilities we’re looking for:
- sound experience in event management (event project management, event production);
- proven professional experience in large scale international event management (minimum 2 years);
- budget management and scheduling skills;
- 1.st level professional higher education or equivalent in communication management, public relations, marketing, event management or equivalent discipline;
- strong administrative skills and ability to meet deadlines;
- proven ability to manage multiple tasks at a time while paying strict attention to detail;
- basic knowledge of marketing techniques and experience in customer relations;
- excellent oral and written skills in English (Level C1 or C2 according to CEFR). The organisation's working language is English;
- excellent communication skills;
- good command of Microsoft Office (MS Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint in particular);
- familiarity with project management cycle and other relevant tools and techniques;
- preferably proven experience in working with Cvent, Eventbrite or other relevant management software.
What we offer:
- Friendly and supporting colleagues;
- International working environment and experience;
- Competitive remuneration;
- Health insurance.
Appointment will be subject to receipt of a security clearance provided by the national security authorities of the selected candidate.
To apply, please send your CV in English and an application letter summarising your views on the key challenges in event management and your experience in addressing them. Application letter should be limited to maximum two A4 pages (800 words per page). Email address: email@example.com
Candidates are requested to send their CV and application letter by latest 29 June 2020.