We are hiring: Communications Officer
Essential Professional Qualifications:
- Proven experience as a Public Relations Officer or similar Communications role
- Experience in managing media relations (online, broadcast and print)
- Background in researching, writing and editing publications
- Proficient in MS Office and social media
- Familiarity with project management software
- Familiarity with video/photo editing
- A post-graduate Degree in Social Sciences (Communications, International Affairs, Politics, Security Studies or related).
- PC operating skills, including the competent use of Microsoft Office. Knowledge of other operating systems and software products (Adobe, etc.) is an advantage.
- Competent use of software for presentations, spreadsheets and databases.
- English: C1 or C2 (NOTE: The work both oral and written in this post and in the organization as a whole is conducted mainly in English).
- Latvian: C1 or C2
- Requirement to work outside normal office hours while preparing and conducting major events
- Strong communication ability (oral and written)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Creativity and problem-solving aptitude
- High Ethical Standards
Appointment will be subject to receipt of a security clearance provided by the national Authorities of the selected candidate.
Job description of the Senior expert:
- Plans, develops, organizes and supervises marketing and communications activities.
- Provides leadership and guidance in all communications for public distribution; ensures consistent and clear messaging.
- Builds positive relationships with stakeholders, media and the public.
- Plans and coordinates media appearances.
- Coordinates responses to media inquiries.
- Tracks media coverage and follows news on an international level.
- Prepares reports about media coverage, social media following, website analytics.
- Disseminates information such as news releases, photo opportunities, official statements, and other documents to the media; serves as the chief liaison to the media providing informational material as needed.
- Oversees the development of all marketing materials and publications.
- Oversees publishing process of Centre’s reports and other publications.
- Works as a creative mind in managing publications, promotional and educational videos.
- Updates information on Centre’s webpage.
- Plans and executes Centre’s presence on social media (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Linkedin)
- Organizes, plans and executes news conferences and special events in close cooperation with the Event manager.
Salary range: 1600-4600 Eur incl. taxes
The heart of the NATO StratCom COE is a diverse group of international experts with military, government and academic backgrounds - trainers, educators, analysts and researchers.
NATO StratCom COE as an employer values diverse backgrounds and perspectives and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and talented workforce. NATO StratCom COE welcomes applications of nationals from all Member States and strongly encourages women to apply.
As an employer, we value commitment to the principles of integrity, transparency and accountability in accordance with international norms and practices established for the defence and related security sector. Selected candidates are expected to be role models of integrity, and to promote good governance through ongoing efforts in their work.
To apply, please send your CV and application letter (in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline: 27 June 2021.