NATO Strategic Communications Centre of Excellence is looking for a Software Englineer in the Technical and Scientific Development Branch. This branch is focusing on developing audience and network characterization tools, conducting social media and network analysis, processing data flow, developing external communication tools aimed to help establishing and maintaining collaboration amongst subject matter experts.
We are looking for a full-time, creative and innovative team player, capable of exploiting computer and networking power to investigate current and exciting phenomena in fields of communications. If you feel you are the one, consider joining us in Riga!
- Developing information systems by designing, creating and installing software solutions
- Programming with computer/database languages
- Preparing and installing solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards and programming
- Developing software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users and partners, studying system flow, by analysing data usage, and work processes, investigating problem areas, following the software development lifecycle
- Organizing and maintaining software, enabling sharing of information between strategic communications practitioners, policy developers and researchers
- Proficiency in programming, software design, debugging, testing. Proficiency in programming languages like Python and R-Language. Knowledge of other programming languages, environments for statistical computing and graphics will be considered as an advantage
- Database (PostgreSQL, MySQL) & searchengine (elasticsearch) operating & development skills
- Solid understanding of computer architecture, different databases, database technologies and data structuring
- Knowledge of software development process and software lifecycle management (devops) fundamentals as well as information security and best practices of secure coding
- Experience in social network APIs & RESTful systems development
- Experience in data visualizations
- Creativity, initiative and ability to work in a team
- Interest in international affairs, communication and security related issues
- Education: a minimum B.A. in Computer science or in a related field
- Languages: fluency in English, since it is a working language of the organisation; other language skills will be considered as an advantage
- Other: there will be a need to qualify for a security clearance
- A life-time experience of working in international and well-recognized organization
- Experience in dealing with innovative and sometimes challenging projects
- Health insurance and other motivation benefits
- Monthly gross salary from 3740 Eur.
To apply, please send us your CV and motivation letter (not more than 1 page), telling us more about your previous experience and interests. Documents have to be provided in English by June 30, 2020 EEST 12:00. Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org